Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Let me tell you how I fell in love..

Girls, perhaps, most of you will go weak on the knees when looking at a pair of shoes, or bags, or a diamond ring, etc. But me, though I do like shoes and bags, but they don't give me thrills as much as when I look at a chair. Dining chairs, to be exact. I know I may have said, "oh that chair is my favorite, oh wait no! That chair is my favorite.." and all. Well they're in the love list. But there is this chair, that has stolen my heart since the first time I saw it! *drum rolls* ladies and gentlemen... Give a round of applause to...

Mister CH24! As known as the Wishbone Chair, or the so-called Y-chair.





Images are from Carl Hansen & Son
"I feel details as much as I see them.
People touch the furniture;
they see with their hands."
-Hans J. Wegner-

Designed by Hans J. Wegner in 1949, and has been produced until now since 1950. This chair has become the most successful of all Wegner chairs. Its 120 meters of silky paper cord which is handwoven go hand in hand with the grains of its wooden frame. The seat is guaranteed to last for up to 50 years. I've sat on it several times, on the real deal of course, and still wishing to have my own one day. Be it in natural colour or in colourful shades, CH24 can't look less attractive.

"A chair should have no backside. It should be beautiful from all sides and angles."
-Hans J. Wegner"

I must agree with him. Try rotating this chair, the details create the design, and it is marvelously good looking from any side.

It's the little details that matter. They stole my heart.

Loves,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment